Volunteer 102

"we amplified the love we watching multiply
Feeling like the Worlds end
we can make the World win"

Now is the time we needed each other the most. And since I only get disappointed and too weary on the news, I involved myself in more interesting and worthy activities.


Last week, I volunteered for a telethon. Yesterday, I activated my muscles for repacking. It was Mayaine, Me, Prince and kuya Zeus, we volunteered for repacking yesterday at the Simbahang Lingkod ng Bayan in Ateneo. It was my first time and I must say it's a very different experience. Not only that we enjoyed, we met a lot of people form other schools - there were students, alumni,  faculty, family, even children. Yes, even kids enjoyed. There were also foreigners. We met, Fu, a Vietnamese taking up Theology here in the country. Said he heard about what happened in Tacloban and wanted to help. How heartwarming it is to see him very much eager to help our fellowmen.


It was definitely a different kind of experience. It feels so good inside that you are helping those in need in a simple way. As much as we wanted to stay, we had to leave at noon because kuya Zeus doesn't have an extra shirt and to give way to the next batch of volunteers as well. Timing that we also had the chance to meet the RICH friends again though it was just the four us. We had lunch at Eastwood with Lawrence. He was on duty that time so he missed the volunterring part. Prince and I went home in Bulacan after.

"when you're down and out, 
There seems no hope at all
But if you just believe
There's no way we can fall
Let us all realize
that change can only come
When we stand together as one."

- ymhej - 
18.10.2013

Comments

Popular Posts