Travel Essentials

Since I started earning on my own, I kept my to-go list at hand and made sure to cross out one place in a while. Still can’t consider myself a travel geek, though. But as much often I go to places, I still miss some things I should have brought. With this, I am writing my travel essentials and share it with you:

1.       Camera. This is number one, of course! You can’t get to capture every moment without this. Apart from mine and Prince’s phone’s cam, I never forget to bring our cam together with the charger. Hmm, I secretly want to use our travel photos as well for our wedding AVP. Haha! Well, it’s my remembrance from setting foot into the place.

2.       Toiletries. Back in highschool, mom used to pack my things for our overnight field trip and I remember her always telling me not to forget to bring my own shampoo and soap when leaving for a night or two. As I grow up, I started needing some more of toiletries like facial wash, feminine wash, toothpaste and toothbrush, deo and body lotion. Though I discovered the first time I went on an out of town trip that hotels have free toiletries, I never failed to bring my own.

3.       Tissue and Alcohol. I opted to put these two as a separate item. I used to bring these along with my phone and wallet everywhere I go. Kind of OC.

4.       Towel.  Though hotels provide towel, mom taught me to always bring my own. Hygiene thing, I guess.

5.       Medicine Box. Prince tend to have an ulcer attack when skipping or having his meals late while I am allergic to dust, smoke, and change in weather and temperature. So when we are going on an out of town, I make sure I have our meds ready, and some other medicines like a Paracetamol when in need.

6.       Sunblock. It feels like summer all year round so we definitely need this. Not to mention, we usually head to the beach. I’m kind of a water-lover. It just feels fresh to breath in the ocean breeze.

7.       Sunnies. Of course! *wink* except when raining.

8.       Extra extra clothes. I am not a light packer. In fact they used to kid that I packed my whole cabinet for an overnight stay. Well, I used to take a shower and change twice a day at the least. So I need more clothes to support my habit of changing. I even bring pajamas because I cannot sleep with a shorts or a pants.

9.       Small Bag. If there’s a big bag, there’s a small bag. This is where I put my valuables and carry it with me. Of course, you cannot bring your whole luggage every time you go out. That’s a BIG HASSLE!

10.   Beach Slippers. I think I always bring the wrong slippers on my travels so I have to make sure to choose the beach-perfect slippers on my next travel.

11.   Notes. Lastly, it is important that you have at least an idea on where you’re going to. A blog can help on what are the things you can do there or how much most likely are you going to spend, and where you can eat and buy pasalubongs. Reading blogs are a lot of help and watching videos, as well. I remember when we went to Pagudpud, I watched Byahe ni Drew and took notes right before we headed to the bus station. I t made us less like a first timer. Oha!

12.   Foods. Since Prince has an ulcer, I’m afraid he might get hungry along the way. So I always make sure to have at least biscuits along the way to avoid him getting acidic. You know you can’t enjoy travelling with stomach pain. Eww!

Travelling is always fun especially if you’re a nature lover. And of course, you get to enjoy more if you bring the things necessary for you. Still depends on your lifestyle, though. You may want to add some more items, it’s up to you.

And hey, don’t forget to bring your best travel buddy! Happy traveling. J

- ymhej –

18.11.203

Comments

Popular Posts