Birthday Jitters

Knowing the truth gave a lot of fears but indeed made me appreciate life even more. The fact that I was brought to earth and given a chance to enjoy life despite the biological parents leaving me behind is an obvious reason I should be thankful for whatever I may encounter on my journey and for all that I have right up to this very moment. It made me treasure every people I will meet and every lesson I have learned. 

As it is a scar I will forever carry on my heart, it is also something that helped me strive into making my life more meaningful and it made me more intelligent in dealing with different situations. Yes, it brought me fears and I'm still coping up with it, trying to fight from it. But every time I am tried by the storms, I must say I am bravefully overcoming each. 

Truthfully, I haven't spoken to the man and woman yet. I used to call them that since i don't want them to be called my mom and dad. They're not my parents for me. But as I was always told, I cannot deny the fact that they're still 'my parents' and I owe my life to them. Bearing me for nine months and bringing me out to the world is not an easy thing for a woman. For that, I thank them. But for the 25 years of love and affection and sacrifices, I owe them to my mama and papa. I salute them for raising me the way they did. All their sacrifices and hardships to give me the life I have right now were really exceptional and something to be grateful for. I owe 95% of my life to them, and to the rest of the family for treating me like their own. I was their baby, and still am until now.

Being adopted made me fear goodbyes and letting go. Admittedly, those two are the things I hate the most. But knowing the truth made me stand up and be proud that I am one. Life may put me down but I got more reasons to stand up.

Therefore, as it only comes once a year, I come to celebrate my day in the most special way with the most special people in my life. And I made sure to let others realize how grateful they should be for being given another year to enjoy life on earth.

Few days from now, I'll officially turn 25. For the past years since birth, I've been blessed with all the kinds of blessings there is, whether I've been bad or good. I have so much to be thankful for which I am sharing to you on my next blog. I'm gonna do it on my birthday. For now, be with me as I start my birthday week. 




- ymhej -
06.23.2013

Comments

Popular Posts