Frienemies Side by Side

Not because two people are completely different doesn't mean that they can't be together. With the kind of relationships I had for the latter years of my life, I can say that it is in fact the other way around - that two different people are more likely to stay together rather than stay away from each other. As per the law of sign, 'both signs repel, opposite attract'.

Take me and Vine as an example.

We argue as often as you can imagine. Yes, we shout at each other, A LOT, in fact. She used to call me immature whenever we fight, while I find her over acting. She said I'm childish, I said I am ever since. Not a day gone by without me and her debating. If I am a brat, so she is. Maybe, time paved the way for the two of us to meet to find a match. Wink.

Well, she's really not the type of person I'll get along with. At first.

But no. I think it's true that your dislikes will be given to you. I don't know, maybe to learn to be patient, I guess? Or perhaps to love what's in front of you? Or to stop looking for nicer things and learn to love what you hate? I barely have an idea. Whatever it is, I think I have to thank God 'coz by now I am appreciating this girl even more and in fact living every single work day without her seems... incomplete. Just completely incomplete.

I first met her in my Icon days. A girl from Baguio who seemed so confident then, so arrogant. And not to mention, so loud spoken! A person who has a comment about every thing, as in EVERYTHING. When I left my work at SMART, I thought I'd gotten away from her. Only to find out that she followed me to the company I'm working at now. Funny that I was the one who endorsed her, like I wanted to be with her. Ironic. I didn't like her that much but I was the same reason she's with me now.


No regrets, though. Ugh, sometimes, I honestly do? But most of the time, I am indeed grateful to have her around. I really don't appreciate her being loud, that's everyone's complain about her - she's noisy, she's talkative, blah blah blah! But I guess, it is the same abnormal reason why we are enjoying each other's company. We complain about each other, talk a lot about each other, say negative things about each other straight in our face. We even both learned to be sarcastic, maldita, masungit, the way each of us do. Would you believe we've already read and understood our minds in just an eye-to-eye? EPIC!

Truly, not everyone's going to like you just as you wouldn't everyone around you. Ironically, it is what you dislike that is being given to you. No matter how often we quarrel, never even mind if it's everyday, I am so much grateful that I have this girl as my friend and sister. I can't even imagine my work life without her. I don't want that killer silence without her.



You know what, I guess the only common thing about us is immaturity and abnormallity! Haha. But it's really magic that right now, we're one of the closest gerls. She's the playmate I never had.


Thank you, Jesus, for giving me a person as much crazy and abnormal and lovely and cool as Vine. Swear, I am forever thankful for having her. ♥

- ymhej -
10.30.2012

Comments

Popular Posts