Of Goodbyes and Hellos

Number one tearjerker -- GOODBYE.

I don't know why but a simple 'goodbye' could make me drop a tear. For most of the times, goodbyes means the end of everything. Yes, maybe, somehow. It could be an ending of the relationship, of your everyday encounter, of moments to be shared together, or could have been shared together. Goodbye may change everything you have with a person or even a thing, specially if that person became a really important one in our life.

One of my closest officemate just ended contract with the company today. We don't actually stay in the same office, but maybe the fact that we belong in the same Department made us closer. We used to eat lunch together with other officemates and even consider ourselves sisters. We even call our group, 'the gerlfriends'. It was, I think, July when she was hired. We started being close with our maldita gestures. Honestly, it's like we're nagpapatagisan ng pagiging maldita everyday. We used to joke like nagsusungitan. We're always nagbabarahan. I will surely miss those things. Now I ask, sino nang susungitan ko? No more Sheila na maldita like me. No more maarte like me. But don't get me wrong. I've never been mean to her. I never really did. That's just how we are, even from the beginning. But no hurt feelings, at least that's what we knew. She had been really a good friend to us. She is actually sweet inside out. Reasons behind not being regularized is another story, so rather not talk about it.




We had our hopefully-not-the-last lunch with her today -- one thing I will surely miss the most. I haven't been with her for a long time, but indeed, she had been a part of me, as one of my gerlfriends or kapatid. I almost cry when I realized it was her last day but did not cry in front of her. I can see she was crying inside that she did not give us a goodbye hug. I'm happy for her though. I know there are so many better opportunities waiting for her outside.


Goodbye for the meantime, to the times we used to share kamalditahan and kasungitan, but hello for a better opportunity and better life ahead of her. By the way, we're all waiting for the day she'll walk down the aisle. It's gonna happen very soon.

Life is full of hellos and goodbyes. But that doesn't really end there. Goodbye's just another beginning, a new hello to things other than better. Goodbye doesn't really mean an end. It's not only in hello that we start. Sometimes, it's the other way around.

We will miss you, Sheila!

Comments

Popular Posts