7 Things my Mom taught me When I was a kid

Sure, I'm not your ordinary kid during my childhood. I am that stubborn little kid who keeps on exploring the world my way. And my mom's just one woman who wanted to raise me the best way she can. So here's her teaching:

1. A girl should be lady like. You must act accordingly. Don't laugh too loud. Don't run too fast.
2. Don't say sorry if you're going to do it again.
3. Learn to follow rules. It's a respect to elders.
4. the ever famous "papunta ka palang, pabalik na ako'. Meaning, believe in her advices because surely she's gone through that.
5. Tell me who your friends are and I'll tell you who you are. So choose your friends widely.
6. A woman should learn household chores. Simply because you are a woman.
7. Finish your studies.

Maybe it's a good thing mom taught all these things so I never had a hard time dealing with the pros and cons of life. Maybe not because I grew up not wanting to disappoint her. But at any rate, I am proud of myself for being who I am today. Who else will be my inspiration? My parents. They worked until their retirement age to be able to give me a wonderful life. And I couldn't be more grateful for having them. One day, when I become a mom myself, I guess I'd definitely carry and teach the same things to my daughter to be. After all, her teaching worked best for me.

Love you ma and pa. ♥

- ymhej - 
17.12.2014

Comments

Popular Posts