Ina, Kapatid, Anak.


Ina, Kapatid, Anak (Tagalog, "Mother, Sibling, Child"; international title: Her Mother's Daughter) is a Philippine television drama directed by Don M. Cuaresma and Jojo A. Saguin.

Ina, Kapatid, Anak is a family drama directed by Don Cuaresma and Jojo Saguin of the fantasy drama, 100 Days to Heaven and written by Danica Domingo of the critically acclaimed melodrama, Tayong Dalawa.Celyn Buenaventura (Kim Chiu) and Margaux Marasigan (Maja Salvador) grew up living opposite lives. Celyn and her mother Teresa Apolinario (Cherry Pie Picache) lived in poverty in a remote coastal area of Cebu, whilst Margaux had the life of a princess as heiress to the country’s largest shoe company, with her parents Julio (Ariel Rivera) and Beatrice (Janice de Belen) . Not knowing that their lives are intertwined, fate brings them together when they end up studying at the University of the Philippines. Their shared interests make them the best of friends, along with Margaux's boyfriend Ethan (Enchong Dee) and childhood friend Liam (Xiam Lim). The four plot to keep Margaux and Ethan's forbidden romance a secret, with Celyn pretending to be Ethan's girlfriend. The ruse is discovered, further estranging the four, and Celyn is revealed to be Julio and Beatrice's biological daughter (whom Teresa brought to term and then kidnapped) and Margaux as adopted.


Personally, I have watched the series since day 1.  Thinking I can relate to the story, I never missed a day of its airing. I even watch on replay through online streaming whenever I went home late, just to make sure I am up to date.

And watching today's episode makes me think, like I can really relate to the story. Celyn is freaking out after the truth was revealed - that she is a Marasigan through surrogacy. She's too confused and cannot containg the anger inside her for not telling her the truth about her personality.

Similar somehow but contrary to her situation, I was an adopted child but I do know the whole truth since I was young and I am not a product of surrogacy. Though like Celyn, I also dream of getting all I ever wanted in just one wish. I know who my real family was. In fact, I am close to my biological sister. I don't talk to my biological parents, though. And I can't bear to even face them once more. Not that I have not forgiven them yet. Just that I don't know how would I face them.

Just a thought: I don't know what's the difference of knowing and not knowing the whole truth about your personality. Except, of course, that of Celyn, that her real family was exactly the one she ever wanted. Nonetheless, it isn't the wealth that has to be the issue here. It's who accepted you and treated you like their own. It's who sacrificed for you and have known you the longest. Will you accept the person who doesn't know anything about you? Will you still choose that person who didn't even dare to look for you over the one who protected you for how many years? Well, I will definitely stay with my family right now. They may not be able to give everything I want, but they were able to provide everything I need without me asking for it. I may not have all the material things I always wanted, they gave me the love and support I ever needed my whole life. They even treated me like a baby even though I'm on my twenties. And not a day gone by I didn't pray for them and thank the Lord for them.

I am actually wondering why their initial reaction is to get hurt. Does being adopted hurt that much? Oh well, I'll never know. I've never been to that situation. And truthfully, I never wanted to be in that situation. It's enough that I lived 24 years knowing the whole truth about my personality. It gave me fears, but at least, I know my place. I may be lost at times, but I know where to go back - to my present family.

Mind over matters. The only excuse acceptable for leaving your foster family is when they hurt you physically for no considerable reason. Otherwise, you deserve to stay with them more than your biological family. Believe me, God has a reason for everything.


And oh, being an adopted isn't something you should be scared and embarrassed of. It isn't a crime. Just be thankful that you have what you can call a family.




- ymhej -
17.01.2013 

Comments

Popular Posts