A Family I Always Have

They said high school life is the best. No doubt about it. High school's when you can do all the stuffs you can enjoy. Every prank there is, bullying, crushes and friends. Guess the fact that it's between your childhood and turning into a young adult makes it more fun.

But if high school's the best, well, college life is AMAZING! When I was a senior high, I am totally afraid of what I might have in college. I used to believe then that college life is far more different than high school. I need to be more serious.. One of which, I can't exactly tell if I really CAN do.

So there it goes, I entered college. Not exactly like what I've envisioned when I'm in high school. In fact, as the years went on, I discovered something that made my college life more than exciting - it was when my TUGON family found me.

Can hardly remember if I already told the story here. But for my last two years in college, all the lessons I've learned and experiences I had was from and with all of them. TUGON has been a family to me. At first, I was so awkwardly shy and uncomfortable. But after that sleepless night of playing with some of the elected officers, all the shyness and awkwardness turned into silly moments together and endless laughs. Well, it all just mysteriously gone. 

TUGON family showed me how amazing it was to serve the whole studentry. Oh, and I never discovered myself the way they taught me to. And I never though it will all be as fun as it was. Ever. With them I learned to work harder for something I want to accomplish. With them I gained even more confidence to face different kinds of people. Not to stand in front of all of them, though. But with them I learned to deal with the kinds of people that are hardest to deal with; people who are highly respected - those I cannot please at once. With them, I discovered what I truly want. I've got an instant brothers who takes care of me like their own little sister. Oh, did I get pampered? No. Yes. Uhm, sometimes, most of the time. I also got sisters who I can girl-talk with. And I've got fatherly love from certain people who treated us all like their children.

Well the truth is that I am not anymore updated with the happenings in between people. I barely talk to them. I just get an update via social networking sites. I don't know who are the new members, I barely know them.   But the belongingness, I know it'll never be gone, no matter how many years will pass. As they say, once a TUGON, always a TUGON.

I'm more than blessed being a part of the party, just as I'm more than thankful for all of them. They made my college life even more meaningful. At some point, it's stressful. There were fights, misunderstandings, miscommunications, etc. But life's definitely more awesome when you survived the school year knowing that they're there for you. Yes, they never left. They will never. 

And forever I'll keep the memories of the family I always had. They're my reason to keep coming back to my alma mater. They're the reason I'll keep looking back and happily reminisce my college memories. 



- ymhej -
23.01.2013

Comments

Popular Posts