FOURever

Time flies so fast! It feels like I just gave him my sweet yes and, hola! We are now on our fourth year together. Round of applause, please! Haha.

I find it amazing how two people stay together beyond the odds for more than a year or two. We may all have different stories, but I'm sure we have these rough roads we all pass by.

FOUR incredible years together - we don't meet up everyday. Our homes are several miles away from one another, work places are distance apart. We don't have much time to even talk over the phone especially on weekdays. We argue like cats and dogs, agree on opposite sides, share different attitudes. But we made it a point to make up after every argument we had. As they say, it's not how often you fight, but how kiss and make up.



FOUR amazing years of togetherness - How many places we've been to for the first time? Oh, I never told you I wasn't allowed to go places when I was younger without my parent's permit. And most of the time, they wouldn't allow me, especially if it's a few miles away from the city we live in. I remember in Highschool, tthe whole group was set to Star City for a mini-celebration being our last christmas before we enter college. I cried hard when my mom did not say yes when my friends ask her. We were like that until I finish college. I was only allowed for out of town trips when I got employed. Anyway, when we started earning for ourselves, Prince and me also started to take some time to have out of town trips. Oooops, at least, I. I told myself that I'd set my foot into places before settling down. I'd like to go to places I've never been before. So there you go, road to road, street to street, even North to South. What's good about it is that he never hesitated to travel with me. If my parents did not allow me to go before, well, he wouldn't allow me also, if I wasn't going with him. May it be an out of town trip or just going to the mall. He wants to be present in every place I go regardless of the distance. Oh, maybe I must say I'm spoiled in terms of my travel hopes.


Puerto Princesa Airport, October 2012

Upper: Batangas, April 2011; Lower: Bataan, April 2012




'Love conquers all fears'. I must say that I am a person who fears almost everything - from cockroaches, big spiders, big trucks, heights, drunk or drinking people, etc. But one thing I hate the most is being alone - travelling alone, eating alone, dooing it all, all by myself. Not that I am forever a dependent person, but everybody knows how I fear being left with nobody else around. Definitely, he knew it very well, from the very beginning. And you know what? Since day 1, he never left my side. And I am more than thankful that God gave me this man who taught me not to be afraid. He's keeping his words. ♥



FOUR inseparable years together may not be too long but enough for me to say that this man is the best ever that I have met all through my life. I remember years ago, written on his Friendster account:

Looking for: A girl who will take care of me; someone who will understand my busy schedule. 
Funny how I secretly answered those with: "I am an understanding person and I will even do things to help you out. And I will take care of you more than you wish for." (haha).

 I used to ask for someone who will be patient enough to stay with me and will be able to ride on my moods. Guess nobody knows how moody I am. God gave me a Jolo Bon who laughs at my corniest jokes, gives way on my childish attitude, rides on my mood swings, understands my dramas; argues with me but still holds my hand and never lets go; Takes care of me and protects me like an older brother; And most importantly, shares with me the unconditional love he has from the deepest part of him.

Thank you Lord for a blessed relationship. ☺





"FOUR years together, him and I. I know there's a lot more to count. ♥"

-ymhej-


Comments

Popular Posts