Yes or No

Almost four years of working in the broadcasting company, I've learned about a lot of things. Back in college it was my goal to be working for a broadcasting company. Not only to make use of my degree, but also, let's just say it is indeed my fate. After all, I enrolled myself in Mass Communications mainly because I want to be of public service through Journalism. Well, I wasn't employed as a reporter. I was in the back office. But just the same, I get to know how broadcasting works. I wasn't in a production either, but I got the chance to know how it feels like being in the media.

So I work in the traffic they call the Airtime Management Department. As the name suggests, we provide airtime for the programs and commercials to air in the station. I was in the commercial section and specifically assigned to handling the radio commercials. I've been working as a Radio Log Assistant for more than two years now. And I guess, that's it.

Just last Monday, the company announced their 'catch of the year', a special voluntary resignation program. The offer is good, and big enough for me to avail and start a new life again. But when my supervisors (I have two) learned of my 80-20 chance to bid them goodbye, I was asked the magic question: What makes me leave and what will make me stay.

Truth is, I've been thinking about it since the day after the announcement. Haven't fully decided yet until now. I've been continuously weighing things. I am stable, I enjoy a lot of benefits, my colleagues are the best, I must say. My bosses - they're like no other. I've no problem travelling to the office, it's just 15-20 minutes away from home. I love my job and sometimes, I love it too much that Ialmost forgot to have my own life. I am a passionate employee but my mind's in its utmost exhaustion. Physically and emotionally, I'm drained. And as much as I wanted to stay for job security reason, my mind keeps telling me I'm tired and don't want to do the same thing anymore.

So I guess, this is it. I mean, I merely have two weeks left before I pass the paper that will signify my final exit. I still don;t know what will happen next and may not be sure if this is right or wrong. It seems I don;t want to care anymore. I want to be freed, and I want to try other things I might even learn more.

It's just a yes or no but this seemed to be one of the hardest decisions I'll ever make in history. It's close as a matter of life and death. But seriously, this is one step that will change my life forever.

I still have 10 days to finally pass the paper that will signify my final exit, and three weeks to finally bid goodbye my workstation for more than three years (I worked as an Admin Assistant for my first year). Whatever will happen in the next day, I know that God is in guidance for me.

If this is wrong, I always has the chance to make it right. Right?


- ymhej - 
22.11.2014

Comments

Popular Posts