Achieved August

Post has been loooooong overdue. Sorry for that. (hehe). Well, what did I miss sharing?

Both July and August gave me a really hectic schedule - employee for the weekdays, wedding planner on weekends. I only got two months to prepare for the big day because of financial constraints so I need to double up my energy and patience in plotting what is supposed to happen on one of the biggest events in the family. Nevertheless, indeed a SUCCESS! 


Few weekends before the big day, I've got to spend more family time with my nieces and nephews making me the happiest tita as we all prepare from dresscodes to program itself. It helped, too, that facebook gives us a common place to discuss things despite the distance. 

By the way, have I mentioned my sister was back? Yes, she went back home on early July. And the good thing about it, well at least for me, was them staying at home with me and mom and dad. I'm not an 'only child' again. And we've got Jolo, too. He went home the day before the wedding. Yahooo for that. *wink* 

Going back, it helped that ditche's family is around. She helped me and sans in decision making, while the kids were my company all along with Prince in going to Divisoria to get some stuffs. Would you believe we carried 50pcs each of the invitations and souvenirs plus all the gowns that we ordered with just me and Nunoy. Whew! Good thing Prince came up to get us and we went home through a cab. Imagine that's 3 big plastics bags and two more for the gowns. That made me unleash the guy in me! Lol. But honestly, that's one of te best things I've done for the big day, I must say. At least! 


The day wasn't that perfect. We were an hour late, we didn't have the veil, forgot about the souvenirs and all that stuffs. But it's rewarding to see our parents happy and to hear positive feedbacks from the guests. By the way, the family is complete and even our relatives from the provinces travelled their way to come over - Tita Baby from Mindoro, tito Ben from Pangasinan, Ninang from Bulacan, and all others - despite the fact the typhoon had just passed and flood had just subsided. Still we're given a good weather and little rain was just a shower of blessing for the family. Thank you Lord.


And so it was definitely an achievement, not only for me but I know for my siblings too. I was the most stressed that day but who cares? Deep inside of me was the happiness and fulfillment of seeing the family complete (not to mention the physical absence of our siblings abroad), the kiddos were enjoying and of course my parents being the happiest on earth. 


It's all over. No more hectic schedules, no more going to and from Divi every weekend, no more computations and all that stuff! Only family and love and bonding. 


Thank you, Lord for the greatest gift - the gift of family. ❤




- ymhej -
09.15.2013

Comments

Popular Posts