Cupid's Surprise

I used to say 'the best things happen in surprise' but I just realized that never did I really gave life the chance to surprise me. Most of the time, I get to be a control freak. I tend to plan everything or guess what's going to happen. Not that I hate surprises. Maybe, it's just really that pinangungunahan ko lage.

Just like the usual, I only expect this day to be as simple as last year when we only had dinner then that's it! Though my eyes are turning around to see flowers and cakes and chocolates everywhere, I am not expecting anything from him. We've been in a relationship for more than four years, but valentines day had been just like any Saturdates and I'm used to it. Honestly, I really don't expect anything from him.


This valentines day was different. Surprisingly, this day had been more than what I expected it to be. Starting with the 12-o-clock-habit-greeting. Well, he greeted with a pick up line: "Happy valentines. Araw mo 'to.  Kase ikaw ang nasa puso ko". WARNING: CHEESY ALERT! Next, he's on leave, he picked me up form the office, and to my surprise, he brought me flowers.



It's the first time he ever brought me a bouquet of flowers for valentines. I thought it was my birthday! Kidding aside, of course, I was just too overwhelmed. 

Surprise didn't end there. He brought me to Eastwood after work. He knew it very well how I wanted to step my feet on that place. It just feels like I was the only person who haven't been there yet. We ate at an Italian restaurant Pasto. The foods were really delicious! Pasta fan mode. *wink*

We took a little walk along the Eastwood mall before going home. And another surprise? While we were walking, our 'relationship song 'When I Met You' famed by the APO Hiking Society played along. One of the sweetest day, indeed! 






I used to complain na wala syang sense of surprise. Pero naun, narealize ko na ako pala siguro ang walang sense of surprise. Lage ko kaseng pinangungunahan ng expectations ko ang mga bagay bagay. At least, it's never too late to realize that. Thank you, Lord. Kase hindi kayo napagod na ipakita saken kung anu ang nasa harap ko. I've always been too blind to see what's  in front of me. SORRY. I thought I always knew that expectations will lead to disappointments. E kaya naman lage akong nadidisappoint. Ang dami ko kaseng arte minsan. I wish this will be a good start na mai-apply ko talaga yung 'life will always surprise you'.
I just had an unforgettable valentine. I wish you had a sweet one, too. ♥

Happy hearts day! ♥♥♥

- ymhej -
14.02.2013

Comments

Popular Posts