Missing them.

L - R: Kuya Oyet, my bro-in-law; my sister; Jolo, the eldest; down: Renzo, the youngest; and Migs, second child.
These kids suddenly popped up on my mind. guess I'm missing them. It's been almost three years that we cannot be together. I mean, I'm used to spending each day with  them. They used to be my 'brothers', my tagapagtanggols, my tagasundo whenever I'd go home late. Prince and so were our neighbors used to call them my 'tanods'.Maybe because of the stick they're bringing when they'd pick me up at night on our street. 

on November 20, 2009, these kids flew to States to be with their parents. They are staying there until they'd be able to get their Green Card and officially be citizens of the US. I cried bigger than an ocean of tears the day they went away. Swear to God, t'was one of my hardest days. For they've been really close to me. I know their cousins do as well. They already missed a lot of times they should be having their bonding moments. And I miss to see them go wild all together, as every child does. 

When they'd come back home on October, I know things will be a little different for their grown - ups now. Gone were the days when I'd tickle them, specially Renzo, the youngest, or treat him like a baby. No more baby-ing (In fact, I hear him usually say, 'hindi na ko baby). I remember when he's going to school, he used to ask my company whenever they're having an activity or presentation. And when I couldn't come with him, he'll say he'd rather not go.

We still get updates somehow through Facebook, YM and Skype. Yes, we usually talk over the net to share thoughts, to make sumbongs, to tell stories. We do it as often as we can. Well, even  my mom and dad really miss them, I know. And so as the whole clan. They're actually the very reason why I insisted to have an internet connection very immediately. 

Well. there was never a time when I did not miss them since they went to the US. Even though we usually talk over the net, I still wish they were here, or will be coming home very, very soon. I plan to bring them to places I know they'd love to visit, specially now that I can afford to bring them anywhere through my income. I'll buy the things they used to ask me but I couldn't provide them since I was only a student then. And of course, I'll prepare and order sometimes the foods they liked so much - Donuts (They hardly eat donuts in the States coz according to them, there's no store nearby), Pizza, Burgers. I'll cook them Spaghetti and carbonara, as I boast them I love cooking. :)

How I really long to be with  them. Everytime I think of time, I'm wishing that days may passed by even faster. 


Comments

Popular Posts