What Where WHEN ♥

"Anu na Jhem? Twenty four na tayo. Anu na'ng plano?" - A colleague asked me a few hours ago. What she is trying to say is when do we plan to have our own families.

Well, seriously speaking, for the last few months, I've been imagining myself walking down the isle, for an uncertain reason. I've been setting my plans that eventually leads to the life forever with the man of my life which is unusual. I've been having these so-not-me thoughts. Since that night. Yes, that night. That very night he asked me.... to marry him!

Twelve AM, September 30th. He woke me up, greeted 'happy anniversary' and then kissed me. His sweet gestures aren't anymore new but keep on surprising me every time he do. He then reached for my hand to get up, then get something from the table. I can still remember his words while he put the ring on my finger: "Mahal, wala pa kong bagong singsing na mabibigay sa 'yo. Pero suotin mo muna 'to." And oh, how can I forget the magic question! *wink*


At my age right now, I still haven't imagined myself walking down the aisle with my prince charming waiting for me in front of the altar. Then after that, bear a child in my womb and give birth to a little angel. Oh, I hardly imagine myself with all of these! All the while, I thought I'm still too young for that. But all of a sudden, my thoughts changed. As if I was ready for another life, all of the sudden. Why? I'm clueless.


Would it be because every woman around me is getting married? But that's a different story. Or would it be because my youngest niece recently turned into and it made me realized that my little angels in the future will not have playmates anymore as their cousins are a big brothers and sisters to them when they will born? Or is it simply because I'm getting more mature.


Twenty four years old. For me, it's not too young nor too old for a person to commit himself to forever at such age. After all, it's just a number that shouldn't dictate what you should and should not do at the time. It's still your mind and your heart that would suggest when are you ready to begin another chapter of your life. And it's not only you, as it is about the two of you, you and your loved ones.

Hence, whether I am engaged or not, at this point of my life we still can not decide on when we are going to promise in front of our Father. The only thing we are certain as of now is that we both wanted to spend the rest of our lives together, with our family to be. And as much as we'd like to start forever soon, we still have a lot of things to do and prepare for.

If you are excited, how much you think we do? I can't wait to change my last name to his. But for the meantime, allow us to plot everything and accomplish them one by one until we arrive to that one special day. After all,true love waits.


"24 is just a number. SOON is a date. FOREVER is when we'll spend our lives together.♥"

- ymhej -
11.12.2012


Comments

Popular Posts