Sporty 101

About two weeks ago, I cried a lot in pain. Not because of relationship problems, as most of the people around me thought of, but due to a back pain that stayed with me for three weeks. I finally consulted the doctor who confirmed my back pain as scoliosis. A very mild back problem, though, but he said that I need some other activities aside from my everyday walking from home to the corner of the street and crossing the over pass. I need an exercise. He actually suggested going to the gym.

So yesterday was the start of something new. I did not went to the gym as the doctor suggested. Instead, I went to a place where I know will be more appropriate and comfortable to me - the badminton court.

I always knew it will be fun, but I never knew it would be THAT FUN! Especially when you play with family or closest colleagues. And not to mention, my ever loyal buddy. (heart eyes).

Well, I started to learn about badminton when I had it in my PE class during college. I took it with my bestfriend, Dhem. There, we meet a few Fine Arts students who were so cool and friendly enough to teach us on how to play the game. Just that I don't have enough time to regularly play. And don't even have a colleague to play with. Until lately, when my babies Jian, Ading and Chay are gping on a training for badminton. And timing it is that I need an extra curricular activity as well, to help strengthen the muscles on my back. First step to a healthier living, as well.

I could say that my first try was good enough that it left me with muscle pain all over my legs. And maybe because I am not used to getting really exhausted, here I am with my asthma attack immediately the day after I stepped into the sports world.

However, I wish I can stand into this sports thing as regularly as I could. Oh well, it's me who will benefit after all! So, wish me luck!

- ymhej -
11.19.2012

Comments

Popular Posts