Wifey 101

Staycation will be over in 2 days and I'm gonna get my ass off back to work. How's that?

Well, for me it's good that I'll be back to work after two months of staycation. I'll miss lying down on bed the whole day, though, and of course, the wifey duties.

Two months off from the daily stress of workloads. Two months of not thinking of anything but household chores; Two months of stress-free and relaxing staycation with all I have in mind was family. It was a good thing -I felt rested and relaxed. I can't remember feeling that way over the past years except when I was away for an escape for two or three days. Not even a holiday or a typhoon can give me a day at home, I still have to go to work.

So for two months, I gave myself a chance to fulfill one of my deepest hopes - to be a good housewife, just like my sisters. And thank God, I didn't fail. I'm not a full time household hopeless after all. Sometimes, it's best to have a few days - or months in my case - stay at home. you've got to learn doing things you didn't actually thought of doing on your own

Laundry. Since we started our married life, I never did the laundry on my own. We always have to work on it together, on weekends. Maybe it's the thought that it'll be easier with him. Well, yea, it is indeed. But for days when I have nothing to do at home and will see the laundry basket, it's like it's telling me to do it, as waiting for his company will not lessen the clothes but make the basket even heavier.

Meals. I am not an expert in cooking. I leave that part to my dad, and to my husband during weekends. I am just not gifted on that skill. But I cook pasta, and learned to prepare sandwiches and desserts, so that my husband can bring foods to the office and eat it whenever he needed or wanted to; so he has to spend less on foods. They say a way to man's heart is through his stomach. So I'm filling it in, through my simple sandwiches. *wink*

Patience. Over the years, I never thought I'd have enough patience, especially when waiting. Now, I realized that patience is a virtue, indeed. When I was at work, I used to wait form him for only a several minutes. But when I resigned, I wait for him almost the whole day. Well, I wait for him to arrive at his office. I wait for his message over Skype. I wait for him at night so we can have dinner together. I wait for him when he has a basketball game and goes home at 10 or 11. I wait for him the entire day.

Being a house wife is like being a personal secretary - you give support to your boss while he fulfills his daily responsibilities.  As a wife, you provide support to your husband in every thing and then accomplish things together. Before I don't understand why my sisters do it for their families, particularly their husband. But now I get it. Marriage is not just about being legally together. It's about the giving support to one another. And I don't mean a one way. It is a give and take.

Now I see the very reason I quit my last job - to be able to learn and focus on my husband as we begin our married life. I may not contribute to the income of the family, unlike before, but learning the tricks helped us begin our life together easier and LOVELIER.

In two days, I'm going back to the busy and stressful life of a working wife. But hey, I'm not quitting my job as a loving, supportive wife.

Prince: May pasok kana sa Monday? Wala na kong house wife.
Me: Just the same, paghahanda padin naman kita (ng baon). :)


- ymhej - 
06.02.2015

Comments

Popular Posts