Turned 26 and Getting Married

Too many things have happened in the past. But life has its way of making me feel how I’ve gone through the obstacles and that I have more reasons to celebrate than I should mourn. I mean, there are plentiful reasons to be happy and thankful for. I’ve got a family I can turn to, the kids who’re all grown up now, the gerls I used to share lunch with in the office, my best friends who never changed over the years, and that one and only love who gives every inch of happiness to me. Who could be luckier?

Two weeks ago came this year’s 27th of June and hey, I’ve just turned 26. It didn’t feel older, though, well, neither did it feel younger. As cliché goes, age is just a number. And who cares by the way? I’m proud to say that I just turned twenty-six and adding another year to my age is just as better as I am getting married in THREE MONTHS! Yeps, the preparation has started just before the first half of the year ended and I must say it’s undeniably exciting to be putting up things for your own wedding. It’s just completely exciting to be marrying the one you love. Oh my. Part of me can’t believe that I’m getting married at the age of 26. The other half just admittedly hoped for it sometime in the past. And it’s coming true at last. J

Until I was asked the magic question, I never really had thoughts of getting married that soon. Here I am, though, imagining what could be the life ahead of me when I change my last name to his. It didn’t came too soon, though, neither too late. Guess it’s just about time, don’t you think? I mean, we’re going on together for more than five years. I’ve got a job, he got his. We’re on the right age, we just don’t look like one. What else should we wait for?

Life is full of surprises, indeed. And God always throw me a confetti on my day. I will always celebrate the day he gave me this life to spend it with his most wonderful creations. Who knows maybe next year, there’d be a little Jhem.


2014 is my year, I've claimed it. It is, thank God. Well, I’m just happy to have turned 26 waiting for my wedding day. 

- ymhej -
14.07.2014

Comments

Popular Posts