The Valentines Date

It's Valentines and for six years, me and my now fiance never failed to celebrate the day together. Two years ago, we went on a dinner date after work, when both of us have the same schedule while last year, he accumulated his complimentary day-off.

This year, though, nobody's on leave and we have different schedules. I was at work 'til 6pm while his schedule is from 3pm to twelve. Nevertheless, we managed to sneak in for a little date at the mall.

There were too many people - couples and families in queue for the next vacant seat in each resto and streets filled with cars piled up particularly in Edsa - and it's kind of disgusting when you see the scene. What a crazy valentines day, I thought. It's good thought, that we were immediately seated in the restaurant we've chosen and headed with the dinner right away. It's just sad  that we have to leave too soon that he can't even send me home due to his awaiting work at home. Well, I insisted, because all I saw on the road were red lights from behind the cars. I know he still has something to do that can't wait for two hours or more. So I insisted. He went on after assuring that I can go on my own at that time.

Two hours - it's the only time we spent together last night and I got a little disappointed about that. But reading stories today, I realized that two hours compared to a long distance relationship, for example, is much better and I am one lucky girl that despite the busy schedule of my fiance, we still managed to sneak in for a dinner date. We never knew who or how many people lost a loved one on that day or who is suffering.

LESSON LEARNED: Appreciate the most little thing he does for you. You never knew who is longing for such attention that you get.

Thank you Lord for letting me see the good things. Thank you for the gift of love.

- ymhej -

Comments

Popular Posts